Therefore, you, too, must be ready because the Son of Man will return when you least expect him. Mat 24:44 (GW)
The “PAROUSIA” is a technical term for the Lord Jesus’ Second Coming. The Bible reveals key features regarding the Lord’s Return and warnings about our readiness. Let’s explore them briefly.
FOUR FEATURES OF THE PAROUSIA
1. ITS OCCURRENCE IS SET:
“That Day” is scheduled and is not negotiable. The heavenly deadline is approaching!
Every student knows what I’m talking about here. The Day when tables will be turned is around the corner.
2. ITS TIMING IS A DIVINE SECRET:
It’s an unhackable secret! Many of the signs we’ve zeroed in on are wrong!
We’ve missed the real signs. We’ve missed the real solution: just be ready!
3. ITS TIMING WILL TRULY SURPRISE:
Our best minds in history have been missing this for generations.
The comfortable will be shocked. The sceptical will believe. The faithful will be thrilled.
4. ITS MISSION IS TO SELECT:
We must not fool ourselves that we are all in the same boat now and in eternity! At any rate, even now the Word is already making distinctions among and between us!
TEN SIGNS THAT YOURE NOT READY FOR THE PAROUSIA:
1. You’re not ready if you’re not born again ( Jo 3:3)
2. You’re not ready if you’re still playing church (Mat 6:2)
3. You’re not ready if you’re still fighting the brethren (Mat 24:49)
4. You’re not ready if you’re engaged in church politics (1Cor 3:18-23)
5. You’re not ready if you’re not serving Christ faithfully (1Cor 15:58)
6. You’re not ready if you don’t respect His servants (Heb 13:17)
7. You’re not ready if you still love the world (1Jo 2:15-17)
8. You’re not ready if you’re not prayerful (Luke 21:36)
9. You’re not ready if you’re not walking by faith (Luke 18:8)
10. You’re not ready if you’re living in sin (1 Cor 6:9-10)